Saturday, January 14, 2012

Humorous pics (and others) [UPDATED]

Looking through the family slides has been a blast, and they're still not all scanned!  A few are notable for reasons other than extreme cuteness.

There is definitely a nose-pickin' goin' on here. (Hope she doesn't get mad at me-- she's the sweetest person in the world and I love her immensely.)


The damage on this photo makes it look like same sister's head is on fire. [Dad informs me that the girls are standing on the fresh grave of a dead horse.  The grave was hard to dig....because it's for a horse. Also, the flames on the hill are the result of a Pentecostal gathering. ;-) ]


Playing dress up?


This is one of my best photos from toddlerhood.


On the surface this looks like an ordinary praying mantis.  Well, it actually is an ordinary praying mantis.  However, it reminds me of the time I took a cocoon into the house and hid it somewhere around the clothes dryer.  Eventually, they hatched......


Adorable little brother in the outdoor smoking section of the airport. 


Me as "Anne Frank" in a high school production.  Yeah, go ahead and sneer, but our drama teacher (RIP) had a Master's from Yale drama school, and she was fantastic. Our productions were top-notch (for a high school.)


Curtain call for The Diary of Anne Frank.  I'm still astonished that I was that much shorter than everyone else.  How did that happen?


My favorite picture of my very first nephew.  He was blowing out the candles, too! The clothing colors are seventies-tastic.


This poor child always got drafted as school accompanist *cue sad violin music*.

No comments:

Post a Comment