Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Speaking of wire cutters...

I am seriously considering mutilating the "V-drums" in the Church. For multiple reasons (see below). My only reservation is that the loud-mouthed busybodies who put them there will most likely lobby for their return...and that money will come out of MY music budget. 



This empty can was found laying on the floor of the Church, behind the "V-drums" used at the "youth" and "folk" Masses. Mind you, this is NOT the first time I have found food-related trash back there.

In a nutshell, this is why I hate strongly dislike:
1. Praise and worship music at Mass
2. "Youth"
2. V-Drums
3. Hippes who play aforementioned V-drums.

Really, people? Not only were they drinking DURING Mass, they probably skipped forward to "eat the bread" right after. I mean, what good is a beverage without a little appetizer? And vice versa! (yes, I intend for you to read between the lines--this is also a jab at having to receive both species)

Sorry for my blatant sin of extreme judgement, but I am pretty livid. Maybe because I have painstakingly taken upon myself the entrusted role of "liturgist" and actually take interest in keeping the Church clean, tidy and free of DEBRIS - also: lazy people.

1 comment:

  1. A suggested email to the team:

    "Dear Music Ministers at Our Lady of Syncopation Church and United Ministries,

    OLSCUM has already used this year's extermination budget to eliminate vermin in our house of worship, but the evidence shows that vermin are still leaving food and drink containers in the "worship space." For each drink container or food wrapper found in the future, each ensemble member will have their fingers smacked with a hole-filled thick ruler by Sister Mary Muscle."

    Really, I'm kidding--I know your church isn't a liberal commie parish, and you're working hard and smart as music director. Sounds like they just need a reminder about what's proper and what's inappropriate. If they desperately need to eat while they're there, REMOVE the trash when done. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete