Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Matrix

When I chose the background for this blog, I was drawn to the vertical binary code. Although I'd love to take the time to fully explain the multiple reasons why the background is relevant to the blog, it'll probably happen in small posts over time.

In a nutshell, it has to do with perceived reality versus REALITY. This can be interpreted as Earth vs. Heaven. Another idea is our perceived world, including sunshine and bunnies, and the reality of demons and good angels constantly battling around us while we walk around oblivious to the situation.

But neither of these ideas is foremost. What if you realized that your understanding of a situation, something you took for granted, was mind-numbingly wrong?  What if the very people you trusted appeared to be working against you?  And what if ALL of you were Catholic, attending church in the same small community?   All of this is hypothetical, of course.

My Matrixesque background is a reminder to be cautious, aware, and never trust too much.

2 comments:

  1. All of this is hypothetical, of course There is much evidence out there, and in my experience, pointing to the actuality of the situation you describe in that paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TH2, right you are. I've see it happen in situations completely removed from my own.

    ReplyDelete